Thank you for participating!
The study was conducted for participants who suspect or had COVID-19 sympthoms and was eligible to participate in a voluntary research study sponsored by health researchers at iTakeControl Health, a mobile clinical research company.
What’s it all about
With millions expected to contract coronavirus, the virus that causes COVID-19, most of the cases will never be accurately captured in medical records. This leaves a huge gap in our understanding of the virus and its impact
What happened to all those who got sick and stayed home?
That’s what we want to understand.
About the study researchers
iTakeControl Health is a boutique firm for patient-centric research services and innovative clinical design to serve genetic diseases and personalized medicine such as gene therapies, genomics and rare diseases. We focus on solutions that include real world evidence, prospective clinical trials (including virtual trials), and strategy and governance.
Christopher Jones, Ph.D.
Strategy and Governance Lead
Chris leads iTakeControl’s strategic and operational services for research in real-world evidence and registry studies, with particular expertise in rare diseases. He spent ten years with Genzyme Corporation, heading the digital marketing programs in the Rare Genetic Disease group. He has a PhD from Lehigh University.
Katie Vetro, M.S.
Clinical Operations Lead
Clinical research professional with over 13 years experience in clinical trial and data management in rare diseases and dermatology, and 10 years experience in pre-clinical in-vivo pharmaceutical research in oncology and osteoporosis. She earned a Master’s in Science from Quinnipiac University.
Teresa Simon, MPH
Over 30 years of Epidemiology and Health Care experience. Areas of focus: education, patient safety and registries in cardiovascular, infectious, pregnancy and rheumatic diseases; most recently cannabis and rare disease research. She earned her Master’s in Public Health from Rutgers University.
Steve Miller, JD
Communications and Social Engagement
A senior marketing and communications advisor and consultant, Steve is heading up the social outreach for the COVID @ Home Study. He most recently advised USAID’s largest global initiatives to innovate and execute country-specific campaigns. He has a marketing degree from George Washington University and his law degree from Brooklyn Law School.
Amanda Long, MPH
Amanda is a research associate at iTakeControl, assisting with designing and implementing digital clinical research studies. She earned her B.A. from Occidental College and her Master’s in Public Health at Harvard University.
Senior Product Lead
Experienced mobile technology professional with both biopharma research and mobile consumer research projects, including for rare disease clients and a leading mobile research technology provider. He earned his B.S. at Binghampton University as well as a graduate certificate in digital product management from Boston University.
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Andrew has 15+ years of hands-on experience in full-stack software development, solutions architecture, UI/UX and delivery management with a strong focus on security, validation, regulatory requirements and standards applied in the life sciences industry. Andrew leads all technology delivery for iTakeControl. He earned his Computer Science and Applied Math degree at the University of Kiev, Ukraine.
COVID-19 @ Home Research Collaborators
MotherToBaby, a service of the non-profit Organization of Teratology Information Specialists (OTIS), is the nation’s leading authority and most trusted source of evidence-based information on the safety of medications and other exposures during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. Our information service is available to mothers, healthcare professionals, and the general public. We also conduct state-of-the-art research on the safety of medications and vaccines in pregnancy
FORWARD is an independent, non-profit research organization, and one of the largest and longest running patient-reported research databanks for rheumatic conditions. FORWARD works with patients, physicians, researchers, and industry to collect, analyze, and share real-world data designed to advance knowledge about the causes, treatment, costs, and outcomes of rheumatic conditions.
From using bio degradable packaging, to supporting public health initiatives and charities such as the Leukemia Lymphoma Society, Apex is dedicated to being socially responsible in all of their actions. They are down with supporting the health of avatars and humans alike.
Your privacy and data use
Part of doing any human study is keeping participants information safe, confidential, and secure.
We take that responsibility seriously. iTakeControl Health does research with some of the world’s leading health care and biotech research organizations.
So we get it. If you take the time to share your information with us, we have the responsibility to hold that data with the care it deserves.
Our commitment to you
- We will make all reasonable effort to keep your personal information private.
- All of your data will be kept in a secure location only accessible to the study team and authorized personnel.
- If the study results are presented at meetings or printed in publications, your name will not be used.
- If you choose to submit an optional video, it will be filmed and submitted through our secure mobile application.
Who Will See My Data?
The following people will or may have access to your study records:
- The researchers conducting this study.
- The sponsor, iTakeControl Health, people who work with or for the sponsor, and other researchers involved in this study. These people will use your information to review the results of the study.
- Other authorized external researchers may also use this data in studies of COVID-19, infectious disease, or public health research.
- Others required by law to review the quality and safety of research, including the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Human Research Protections, other government agencies in the United States and other countries, and IntegReview IRB.
- The Institutional Review Board (IRB), IntegReview, and accrediting agencies may inspect and copy your records, which may have your name on them. Therefore, total confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.
Sharing Videos For Public Health Awareness
This study enables you to submit a video of your experience with COVID-19. Should you choose to submit a video for this study, you are doing so voluntarily. Your video may be shared with the following:
- The study investigator(s)
- With other study participants as part of a study library of COVID-19 case videos
- The general public, media, or social media channels for public health awareness and COVID-19 educational purposes
There will be no compensation for such uses above of your video. You are NOT required to submit a video, nor are you required to ever reveal your full name or identifying information as part of participating in this study.
The data from this research may be made available through the following means:
- Scientific publication
- Public release of study results
- Sharing of anonymized data sets with other researchers to advance the understanding of COVID-19, public health, or infectious disease
- Scientific publication
The data will NOT be used for:
- Commercial gain
- Resale of individual information, such as emails